Sustainability In Action
Resources to Help You & Your Team Sustain Learning & Development
Now that the Team Management Profile (TMP) has been debriefed and you are familiar with the TMP HUB, it is important to keep the learning and motivation going. TMS Americas has designed a webpage dedicated to helping you and your team sustain development and extend the use of the TMS material over time. Our goal is to provide simple designs you can weave into your busy schedules. Contact Carrie Bumgarner if you have questions.
There are numerous designs for Sustainability in Action and what sustainability might look like. Below is an example from a leadership and team development initiative and how they plan to sustain the use of the TMP HUB and models over a 6-month time frame.
Are You A Sustainability Resource Person For Your Team?
If so, WELCOME! Before you get started, click here to view the short 2-minute video for a quick introduction to your new role and how you can get started.
Network Members Share Their Stories
Listen to some of our Network Members share their stories around Sustainability and the Sustainability Resource Person:
Paula Dillard, Ascent Partners, Providing Data for Continuous Discussion Over an Extended Period of Time (2 minutes)
Gloria Reyes, ExxonMobil, Establishing Sustainability of Learning and Development, Supported by the TMP, Company-wide (2 minutes)
Which TMP HUB apps are best for your situation?
An overview of some of the more popular apps available in the Online Activity Center
An interactive tool to help improve communications with others.
- Struggling to effectively communicate with remote colleagues
- Newly formed remote team looking for next steps after TMP Debrief
- Using Pacing for 2 Senior Leaders Who Didn’t See Eye-to-Eye
(Andrea Bice, Current HR Practitioner & Formerly of US Cellular, 1 min)
Tips for using PACING:
- The person who you are completing the Pacing App on does not need to have an active TMP. Sometimes it makes more sense to complete the App based on your perception alone, rather than their work preferences.
A project performance questionnaire measuring team performance satisfaction from an individual perspective.
- Team needs to focus on grounding principles
- After Action Review – Where we excelled? Where we fell short?
- Using the My Team App Live in a Session (Tom Gibbons, TMS Americas 1 min)
Tips for using MY TEAM:
- This App should be completed with a specific project in mind.
- Using this App effectively means people need to be closely involved with the project.
- Have team members complete the App just before or during a meeting.
A team performance assessment measuring individual satisfaction against the High Energy Teams Model.
- Checking in on team alignment & monitoring performance progress
- Using the Team Signals App, In Sesssion, for a What’s Next Discussion with a Team of Engineers (Renee Dalman, US Cellular, 2 ½ min)
Tips for using TEAM SIGNALS:
- Have team members complete the App just before or during a meeting
Additional Ideas For Sustaining Development
Team Working Wheel & Team Working Wheel Workbook – The Team Working Wheel is a tool that can be used in a variety of applications including: Team Development, Planning Projects, Project Monitoring, & Designing Work Patterns. The workbook contains more detailed instruction on each Type of Work & the Linking Skills needed to progress from one Type of Work function to the next.
4 Measures: Human Continuum Exercise – an excellent activity to introduce the four measures of work preference. It is particularly valuable if the group is working on improving interpersonal communication, team relationships and/or conflict issues. Sample questions to use with Human Continuum (PDF).